Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Today is the very first day of a new year, 2011 and with a new year comes our traditional ''New Year's Resolutions''.  I asked a couple of people what they would like to achieve this year. 
Here are their answers:

''I want to do much better in college, you know A/B student
I want to save money and pay off my credit card
I want to be a good person
It's not that I'm not, I can be better
I want to treat my family with the up-most respect
I want to keep in contact with old and new friends''
-William James Crowley


''I'm training for worlds in acrobatics but I still don't have a partner to go with yet. so my resolution is to get to a point physically in one month that will prove to my coach that he needs to work harder to find me a partner and then the rest of the year will be devoted to working with that partner to become the best in the world.''
-Rachel Orya


''To have a better relationship with everyone and not care so much what people say and think''
-Torrey Brooks


''Get my modeling career started, get a job and earn more money and be one step closer to obtaining my degree''
-Om Suphabphant 


''Stay with a boy longer than a year♥''
-Amanda Courtney


''I would like to stop smoking and start going to the gym on a consistent basis''
-Elliot Evianiak 


''I wanna make a solid rep on the east coast by summer 
and by spring be looking at a summer tour'' 
-Chad Rayadurg (StrikeTheSystem)


''Work hard. Pursue what I love, in every aspect of my life. Find my passion, what I want to do in life. But above all that, love the people who deserve it like there's no tomorrow. Because when you get right down to it, there isn't.''
-Trevor Hsu


''I'd hate to pretend that the significance of some metaphorical timeglass being upturned would influence a great change in my behavior so I think it would be best to say that I only hope to learn more about myself''
-Adam Kwiatkowski


That last one made me think a little. Why is it that a metaphorical time glass being upturned can influence a great change in our behavior? Why can't we just wake up every morning and be inspired to do better?  It may be the fact that most of society is used to ''marked beginnings'' such as the first day of the week, month, and of course year to start something new or change.  But why can't we see that every day is a new beginning? We don't have to wait for that first day of the year to decide to change or give ourselves goals, we can do that any time. 
In my last written post I said I was going to share my new year's resolutions ''list'' with you guys. I started typing what I want to achieve this year, and then realized what my new year's resolution truly is and not just for this year but for the rest of my life. 
I want to the best at everything I do. Be the best daughter, big sister, girlfriend, friend, writer, student, everything


With that said I wish you all the best and Happy New Year!




1 comment: